Security Project Manager
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Project Manager. As a Project Manager, you will act as the G4S liaison with client Loss Prevention and will be the leader in coordinating communication and standardization of operations for the assigned locations. This position will utilize uniformed security officer services, to include coordinating services, providing exceptional customer service, effectively managing people and costs, supporting client Loss Prevention leadership, ensuring contract compliance and adherence to established site security procedures, and driving operational accountability through effective change management.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Evaluate contract performance and compliance; review of contract; review of staffing Levels; review training documents; interaction with client management
- Train employees to contract standards; review and understanding of training requirements; conducting training sessions; evaluating comprehension of material
- Provide client with timely, appropriate communication to ensure their needs are being met; regularly review the services that are being performed and actively seek any key process improvement ideas to present to the client
- Review invoicing and resolve issues; communicate with local G4S offices regarding discrepancies, rate changes, and past due invoices; communicate with G4S billing department regarding resolution; communicate with client regarding resolution
- Identify performance shortcomings and then develop and implement process or program solutions to address shortcomings; review and understanding of contract requirements and expectations; develop action plans
- Conduct employee evaluations, counseling, and discipline; set and conduct weekly, monthly, quarterly staff meetings, and teleconferences; prepare and send emails, memos, letters; set and conduct meetings with key personnel within contract
- Coordinate out-of-state licensing for Security Officers on the Catastrophe Response Team ensuring compliance during deployments
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess one or more of the following
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Organizational Development/Psychology, Business Management, Criminal Justice, Business Administration, or closely related major
- High school diploma or equivalent and career military with honorable discharge
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a state of Illinois PERC license
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Corporate Security setting
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience managing a uniformed security officer operation
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC, walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices