Fire Inspector - SUSA
Posted: Oct 18, 2019
- Inspects grounds, buildings and other infrastructure to detect fire hazards in order to protect life and property on client site.
- Acts to enforce client safety standards and local regulations.
- Inspects interiors and exteriors of buildings, grounds, and infrastructure to detect hazardous conditions or violations of fire standards.
- Tests and cleans equipment, such as air compressors, fire extinguishers and other fire protection devices to ensure conformance to fire and safety standards.
- Discusses violations and unsafe conditions with site representative; makes recommendations, and provides instruction in fire safety practices.
- As authorized, issues permits and acts to enforce site fire protection standards.
- Prepares reports, such as inspections performed, standard violations, and recommendations for eliminating fire hazards.
- May be called upon to perform fire-fighting duties during emergencies.
- May train others in fire emergency response plans.
- May investigate and gather facts to determine cause of fires and explosions.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Fire Inspectors.