Experienced Security Guard
Experienced Security Guard
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation or criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, Retail Stores, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, hospitals, condominiums, and residential sites. Currently, we are seeking Security Guards for one of our major client sites.
Various shifts available! Immediate Start!
Specific Duties Performed and Essential Functions
- Facility interior and exterior patrols of the site
- Enforcing any policies as directed by the site
- Monitoring CCTV
- Access control
- Provide first aid response as required
- Report writing
- Other duties as defined by post orders
- Completion of site training required
Formal Education, Licenses, and Certifications Required:
- Valid Security Guard License
- Minimum 1 year of Security Experience
- Class 5 Drivers License and Clean Drivers Abstract is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Education in Police Foundations and/or Law and Security/ Criminology degree/ or equivalent is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of computers and computer programs
- Advanced report writing and note-taking abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum of two years experience in high-security high confidentiality, complex environment.
- Must be physically fit, and able to work long hours standing and walking.
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.