Emergency Response Team Member (TMMI)
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the safety, security and well being of the client’s employees as well as its property, visitors, vendors and anyone conducting business at this facility.
Duties include reporting to the client and company staff of any issues or concerns which may arise. This includes all of the daily functions and/or emergencies which may occur.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Determines nature and countermeasures to problems encountered at the client’s facility.
- Administers prescribed emergency care to persons injured or ill at the client’s facility.
- Communicates with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility.
- Operates all equipment and vehicles required to accomplish the required tasks involved with this position.
- Conducts leadership and training with staff personnel.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices.
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings, fire protection equipment and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification; performs Emergency Medical Care related duties in response to incidents; removes or assists in removal of victims from scene of accident or catastrophe, and provides related instructions to others as necessary.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
- Performs any “other” client/company specified duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; Certified Firefighter certification; Certified Emergency Medical Care certification; Certification in Hazardous Materials Response
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal certification requirements for EMS, Firefighter and Hazardous Material Response
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn all security operations and procedures.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone/computer manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- May be required to work overtime with/without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent standing and walking, which may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Required lifting and/or moving related to emergency assistance and/or emergency equipment; depending upon assignment, may be occasional or frequent, and may involve weight or force in excess of 70 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens requiring protective measures.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.