Electrical Maintenance Engineer
This role and contract sit within our Facilities Management sector of G4S where we aim to improve the lives of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We have an opportunity for a Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our team at Manchester Magistrates Court. This is a part-time role working 30 hours per week Monday to Friday between the hours of 10:00 am and 5.00 pm.
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Undertake PPM tasks in accordance with a schedule and undertake reactive emergency and routine repairs within prescribed timescales.
- Diagnose faults on all M&E support systems and rectify where within levels of competence.
- To operate planned maintenance procedures for assets effectively and safely.
- To deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets.
- Maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and Security etc equipment and services on site.
- Diagnose faults on all M&E support systems and rectifying where within levels of competence.
- Follow detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections, repairs and minor works.
- Participate in the emergency out of hours call rota (extra payment applicable).
- Recognise the importance of H&S in the workplace.
- To identify opportunities in order to provide continuous improvement.
To be successful for this role, you will need to be a fully qualified electrician with an IEE 18th edition certificate. Experience of 3-phase plant machinery and commercial electrical installations would also be advantageous.