PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Dispatcher. As a Dispatcher, your primary responsibilities are to acknowledge and dispatch for alarms by using state of the art situation management software. As the Dispatcher you will also take incident reports over the telephone conduct preliminary investigations on reports, handle access control issues for the client, maintain compliance of regulated locations, and immediately report violations to management. This high energy position must be able to multitask and perform computer data entry while callers are on the phone.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Alarm monitoring and response; sound alarms or call police, fire department or EMS in case of emergency or presence of unauthorized persons
- Dispatch security personnel and log their activities
- Access control; direct officers to unlock/lock doors as requested by authorized personnel, maintaining office logs (keys, cards, lockers, lost & found, etc.)
- Customer service; provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Clerical and administrative duties including but not limited to filing, data entry, transferring of phone calls, report writing
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities; maintain written logs as required by the post
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to meet and maintain any applicable State licensing or certification requirements
- Must be able toto obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Must possess a current and valid driver's license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of four (4) months of experience as a security officer / guard
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate computer, radio, telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major Activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices