The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Dispatcher. As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible for the receiving, evaluating and dispatching of emergency services such as; police, fire and medical services as well as responding to calls for general information.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Must possess basic knowledge of phone, radio and computer
- Handle and emergency calls for police, fire or Emergence Medical Services
- Ensure that tasks are completed on time; handle multiple demands for commitment of time, energy, and resources
- Detail-oriented skills, ability to quickly identify, crimes and suspects through use of CCTV
- Perform dispatch duties, such as controlling access, monitoring CCTV, answering and routing telephone calls, notifying key plant personnel to visitors or problems, as warranted
- Maintain written logs as required by the post
- Clerical and administrative duties to including but not limited to filing, data entry and transferring phone calls
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Currently certified or able to be certified through the Division of Criminal Information network (DCI)
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previsouly employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on computer and using telephone/radio while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices