Disaster Response Coordinator
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Disaster Response Coordinator. The Disaster Response Coordinator responds to disasters frequently throughout the year in support of G4S customers. The Disaster Response Coordinator is a crucial position in supporting customers and leading deployed G4S security officers during the disaster event.
This position supervises and manages a team of officers under challenging and stressful situations. The Disaster Response Coordinator will issue direct guidance, leadership, and corrective actions in accordance with established corporate/regional policies. Should serious circumstances occur, this position will escalate events to the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and regional executive teams. The Disaster Response Coordinator will track deployed assets, maintain Labor Scheduling, and ensure the accurate reporting of all crisis incidents.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Assume responsibility for the shift and personnel by providing supervision; supervise all deployed personnel consistently and when appropriate, issue direct guidance, leadership, and corrective actions in accordance with established corporate/regional policies
- Maintain positive control and tracking of all deployed assets assigned to you (inbound/outbound and active deployed); maintain trackers daily
- Ensure any Crisis Incidents are reported appropriately through HQ ROC team as soon as possible
- Establish and maintain service requests from assigned customer POCs with Account directors and EOC teams; align daily with the EOC team to maintain the DSA Service Request tracker
- Attend daily EOC conference calls and brief the number of deployed assets by location, the number of active and pending service requests, logistics update, and crisis incidents/safety concerns
- Maintain accurate Labor Scheduling (LS) entries for all assigned projects under supervision; update Labor Scheduling accordingly with any staffing adjustments
- Actively communicate any projects that you need access to in your LS tree to the EOC team for adjustments needed
- Maintain responsibility for all non-labor tracking (hotels, rental vehicles, airfare, etc), including paying out daily Per Diem, per established procedures
- Review the Southeast Region Cash Disbursement Guidelines and follow standard protocols
- Maintain all receipts for each deployed officer during deployment and ensure to capture final receipts when officers rotate back home; capture data in established EOC non-labor folders/trackers
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in security/law enforcement
- A minimum of three (3) years of emergency preparedness management
- Work experience must include demonstration of each of the following:
- Strong use of information and communications technology
- Functional knowledge of emergency management principles and emergency operations
- Sound understanding of emergency management preparedness programs and principles, including expertise and in-depth working knowledge of applicable documents
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and shifts
- Must be able to operate a radio, telephone or other communication equipment
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Communicating, reporting, observing, questioning, documenting, access control
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Driving, standing, lifting, walking and sitting.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices