Director, Special Projects and Services
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Director, Special Projects and Services. The Director, Special Projects and Services is responsible for coordinating special events in North America working with local G4S management, co-sponsors or other corporate sponsors, and local law enforcement authorities where necessary. This position will manage staffing of venue security, coordinate security requirements, identify event-related security risks, and agree on mitigation risks and/or threats with leadership.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Coordinate security for all special events around the globe ; identify event-related security risks or threats with and agree on mitigation; together with leadership, prepare for approval by event management and security plan and after action report for each event and maintain records in accordance with records management requirements; conduct on-site security risk assessments and reviews of venues for special events; attend special event coordination meetings to ensure awareness/visibility of all events and assist with security of these events
- Understand and pursue technology trends and innovations that drive efficiencies and enhance security posture while maintaining acceptable levels of risk as identified by G4S and Customer
- Incident reporting and analysis; report actual or potential security and safety track follow-up to incidents through closure
- Monitor compliance with Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights; monitor contractor/commissioned police compliance with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights and where necessary prepare reports on use the of armed security to include payments and incidents, investigations involving the use of force
- Manage the staffing of private security (uniform/plain clothes) through G4S and/or commissioned police officers (uniform/plain clothes); coordinate with Human Resource personnel on recruiting efforts
- Financial management; maintain overtime to a preset requirement designated by G4S USA
- Performance / budget compliance; plan and coordinate a security budget for the event staff coordinator and assist in processing payments for security or other related charges for security for each event
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, or a related field
- Must possess the ability to meet and maintain any applicable security licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Law enforcement or military experience
- Experience in private security which required regular coordination/interaction with law enforcement leadership
- Work history must include each of the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven practical application of physical security methods as they relate to special events and executive protection
- Demonstrated understanding of the roles and responsibilities of security and law enforcement in public events
- Demonstrated ability to plan high-profile security events
- Demonstrated ability in crisis management program development, training, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven practical application in workplace violence education, mitigation, and prevention practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of security technology and integrated solutions inclusive of video, video monitoring, access control, GSOC/RSOC operations, security software to include incident and incident case management solutions
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices