Control Room Officer
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Control Room Officer (CRO). The Control Room Officer (CRO) is responsible for ensuring compliance with client access control policy. This position manages the access control system in client regulations and client standards; reinforces employee, inmate, and visitor compliance with security requirements; possesses in-depth knowledge of security procedures. The CRO is responsible for answering telephone, intercom, and radio calls. The Control Room Officer is responsible for controlling movement into and out of the pod and directing calls to the appropriate offices.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Operate control panels and equipment in detention control rooms
- Coordinate entry and exit into multiple secured areas in normal and emergency conditions
- Answer telephones and direct calls
- Monitor audio and video surveillance equipment associated with detention security
- Answer intercom calls
- Logs visitors into and out of the facility
- Monitors and reports inmate behavior which includes foul or profane language and obscene gestures
- Maintains logs of daily operations
- Integrate post orders with standards and regulations
- Provide reports to client and/or G4S as directed
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Pass client required training and testing
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- One year of work experience requiring direct public interaction
- Must have one or more of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
- Service in the active duty military, military reserve or National Guard
- Service in auxiliary police or cadets
- Meaningful and verifiable work history
- Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be willing and able to work flexible schedules to include long hours, evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor in heavily secured areas with minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures
Major activity: Working on a PC while sitting, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Sitting, observing, typing. Minimal standing or walking. Little to no reaching, or kneeling.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices