Bilingual Security Guard (French/English)
Bilingual Security Guards
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distributions centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites.
Currently we are seeking Bilingual Security Guards to join our team. The following information outlines the Bilingual Security Guard's responsibilities as outlined in the post orders and may be amended by client. We have shifts available days, nights and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Access control for the facility/area
- Present a polished, professional, customer friendly image at all times
- Ability to manage conflicts and incidents and to deescalate
- Patrolling and following protocols as per the post orders, which may include indoor or outdoor patrols, manage the movement of guests at various points throughout the property etc.
- Ensure that the facility’s safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site Emergencies
- Undertake site specific training, follow direction and guidance from Site Supervisor or Manager
- Demonstrate good judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing, observation skills excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate/monitor security room equipment, Completion of site required training
Essential Employment Requirements
- Valid Provincial Security Guard Licence
- Valid First Aid & CPR and AED
- Bilingual-verbal/written (French/English)
- Valid Smart Serve Certification is an asset
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED
- Shifts may vary from Days/Evenings/Overnights - flexible availability is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positions may require the use of a computer for report writing and communications
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good sense of judgement, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Sound knowledge of access control functions, basic investigative techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills, excellent oral, written communication skills in both official languages.
- Effective listening skills
- Skills and abilities in providing a consistently high level of customer service.
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.