The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Assistant Controller. As an Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with international accounting standards and Group accounting policies through leadership of areas to include general ledger, corporate balance sheet account reconciliations, monthly closing of branch locations and other corporate entities, upload of results to Parent, analysis of key financial statement trends and other special reporting requests for the Parent Company.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Ensure delivery of accurate, timely and relevant financial information to internal and external customers
- Ensure compliance with accepted accounting principles in assigned areas of responsibility
- Execute control procedures related to preparation and review of journal entries and monthly closing of branch locations and offices
- Ensure effective communication with regional or branch personnel on issues or concerns
- Responsible for preparation and posting of monthly accruals for all locations
- Coordinate the preparation and review of AR and AP account reconciliations along with the associated WIP accounts
- Review of key revenue contracts monthly and report of significant variance or changes to Controller and CFO
- Preparation and review of bad debt calculation and related reclassification of credit balances along with preparation and timely review of reconciliation
- Development and monthly reconciliation of subledgers for AR, AP and revenue to general ledger in accordance with Minimum Financial Controls
- Maintain a strong internal control environment
- Coach, lead, train and develop team members
- Maintain departmental efficiency and effectiveness
- Communicate with Controller concerning, but not limited to, key issues, departmental activities, workflows and employee development
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of professional level experience in accounting
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of related supervisory or management experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting theories and principles and the ability to apply that knowledge to work projects
- Strong financial documentation, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a large corporate accounting structure
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices