Armed Security Shift Supervisor
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Shift Supervisor. As a Shift Supervisor, you will act as the G4S liaison with the client and will be the leader in coordinating communication and standardization of operations for the assigned location utilizing armed uniformed security officer services that includes coordinating services, providing exceptional customer service, effectively managing people and costs, ensuring contract compliance, adherence to established site security procedures, drive operational accountability through effective change management..
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Primary liaison between G4S and Client's senior management; oversee customer relations, ensure Physical Security Surveys and post orders are updated regularly, and review disciplinary actions for consistency and propriety
- General operations management; provide supervision to Security Officers (e.g., implement standard security operations at the site, and ensure compliance through supervision)
- General training management; ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met; quality assurance and contract compliance
- Scheduling; maintain overtime to a preset requirement designated by G4S
- Monitor attendance, tardiness, shift swaps, and overtime usage. Reporting any concerns to G4S management.
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Maintains written logs as required by the post
- May perform functions of the Security Officer in the event of understaffing
- Communicate using, telephones and computers
- Conduct routine patrols when possible
- Sound alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Work to ensure a safety and secure environment for all client employees, visitors, and staff
- Maintain professional competency by maintaining required certifications and attending appropriate training
- Comply with all client and G4S policies and procedures at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or directed by G4S management
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
- Must possess a New York City Unrestricted Carry Permit
- Must possess a New York State Armed Guard license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess prior sworn law enforcement experience with the New York Police Department (NYPD
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Ability to learn, grasp and retain and apply a variety of system, network and security related concepts, information and procedures
- Understanding of security system technologies (alarms, video, and access control)
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices