The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. As an Administrative Assistant, you will provide administrative support to the Area/Branch/Satellite office and acts as a liaison with field supervision/management and security personnel. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing multiple functions from multiple resources, preparing reports, maintaining operating practices and maintaining data and records following the client’s guidelines and requirements.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Act as a bridge of communication across departments to ensure consistent communication flow and knowledge of responsibilities
- Greet and escort visitors to appropriate department
- Answer incoming internal and external customer calls and provide exceptional customer service by using critical thinking, problem solving and/or forwarding the call to the appropriate department.
- Coordinate office services for departments based on job function and responsibility
- Assist in selection and placement process: create applicant offer packets and hire packets (documents that are not part of the digital onboarding process), communicate interviews and schedule pre/post-employment training, enter data in People Soft)
- Provide support to the managerial teams to ensure compliance and help create an efficient working environment
- Filing and maintenance of department sensitive files, to include client files and non-digitalized personnel documents
- Prioritization of assignments and tasks to meet client expectations in a timely matter
- Schedule and maintain agendas for meetings
- Provide general information to employees per the discretion of supervisory/management personnel
- Makes copies of printed materials as needed
- Assist in maintaining office machines
- Data entry into HRIS as directed by supervisor
- Other administrative office duties as directed
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of 1 year of administrative experience in a diverse business environment
- Prior work experience with Microsoft Office; to include Word, Excel spreadsheets and Outlook
- Work history to include each of the following:
- Demonstration of strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills that include the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices