Access Services Coordinator
Operational Support Officer
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, but not limited to: security licence validation and criminal police information check as applicable (CPIC), credit reference(if applicable), background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
G4S Secure Solutions is Canada's leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs.
At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distribution centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites.
This individual's main function is to administer physical security access badge requests (ex: provisions new or replacement badges)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing badge requests for new personnel, visitors and suppliers;
- Modifying access permissions for existing cardholders as required;
- Deactivating cards reported as lost;
- Deactivating cards for employees leaving the company;
- Issuing temporary or replacement cards for forgotten or reported lost;
- Facilitating attestation and audit requirements as necessary
- Ensure the optimal level of customer service and professionalism is provided
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners and peers as necessary, including responding to questions or concerns
- Manage escalations in a timely and professional manner
Essential Employment Requirements:
- Clear criminal background check.
- Able to learn new software applications/programs quickly and effectively
- Proven ability to manage client expectations/concerns through strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated experience in managing priorities in a multi-tasked environment to ensure deadlines are met
- Apply appropriate due diligence ensuring accuracy in preparing and promptly completing all required documentation
- Past experience in providing accurate, organized and efficient administrative support; collect and track data, research information, create and maintain files, and other administrative assignments
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate past experience in:
- Prioritizing and manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency (i.e. meet deadlines; be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities)
- Taking the initiative to identify and recommend improvements in own job function, investigate issues requiring resolution
- Being flexible in changing business needs
- Identifying, suggesting and actively participating in process improvements
- Participating fully as a member of the team and contributing to a positive work environment
Security Guard Licensing: Preferred but not mandatory
Education: Completion of a minimum of 2 years of college,
Communication skills: Good listener and excellent verbal and written communication capabilities,
Access Card Experience: experience with card access system administration preferred
Computer literacy: Minimum of intermediate-level competency with Windows-based computer systems and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) software.
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.